Monday, April 20, 2009

Cherry Blossom Heaven





My written blog for Japan didn't happen so I'm offering some images instead. I just couldn't find words to do it justice. We were very extremely fortunate to hit the very peak of the cherry blossom season, a feat for most travelers because it can vary widely. Lucky for us it was late this year.

I spent almost an hour in the kimono section of the Takashimaya department store in Kyoto, a place I remembered from the last time I was there.

I walked around the old section of Kyoto and found women posing, some geisha, some ordinary Japanese dressing up to have their pictures taken and some delighted travelers!

And, then, of course, I ate my weight in sushi!

I hope to post more to my Facebook page but this island is calling and I may not get it done today.

Enjoy!

No comments: