Sunday, January 09, 2005

The B&B that makes beds superfluous

Maybe it's the spirit of the generation that spawned this weblog business but I feel compelled to offer a post with some entertainment value as a sort of tease to keep you coming back. So I'll share a story about my upcoming visit to Seattle.

Dave and Katie noticed a Victorian house about three blocks away from them that had a B&B sign. Great, they say. 800 square feet of newly rented house is working out fine. But a visit from Mom/mother-in-law-to-be laden with various backpacks, totes and two huge rolling duffel bags suitable for transporting the results of a wise guy's latest hit would not be happily accommodated. So Dave goes online to check it out and OMIGOD! As he very delicately put it "It's not for you, Mom." Somehow he thought the dungeon in the basement was not exactly what I was looking for. Check it out yourself at www.gypsyarms.com.

I'm sure my bed at the Chelsea Station B&B, only a few extra blocks away, will be fine, boring maybe, but fine.


No comments: